Ladies, do you want to be stronger, fitter, healthier, toned and empowered?
Of course you do! So tell me why so many of you are afraid of strength training? You’re not going to be muscley or “hench” as the youth may refer to it. Let’s bust a myth as to why you won’t get “mahoosive”:
- You don’t have enough testosterone: I’m a man (with a beard and everything) and I have a hard enough time building muscle with my 20x more testosterone, so you’ve got no chance.
- No other bullet points needed.
Why would I want to lift heavy weights anyway, Shaun?
Because I said so! Only kidding, here’s why (more bullet points, because everyone loves a bullet point):
- Combats weakness and frailty
- Builds strength (obviously)
- Preserves and/or increases bone density
- Improves your balance and coordination
- It can reduce the risk of osteoporosis, heart disease, arthritis, type 2 diabetes and reduce depression
- May help to improve your sleep
I’m going to set you all a challenge: The next time you’re in the gym, I want you to pick up a heavier dumbbell or put the pin in a heavier weight. Grunting is optional. The important point here though is correct form over everything else.
What can I do for you?
I’m Shaun, a Personal Trainer and I want to help you hit your goals which you’ve been trying to achieve but you’ve never really got there. Just give me a call, text, facsimile, page, telegram, carrier pigeon and we can talk about what you want and how I can get you to where you want to be.